Welcome to the story of Raub Gold

Click Here to Return to Raub Gold

Mine Electrification 1900

Copy of the 19 January 1898 drawing of the 40 Head Battery supplied by Thompsons of Castlemaine to the RAGM Co. shipped to Raub Malaya in 1898 and erected by late 1899. The original drawing on silk paper can be seen in the Maldon Vintage Machinery Museum, Victoria. This battery was first run by steam but later by a 50 HP electric motor when the hydro electricity plant was completed and the power switched on in early July 1900.

Copyright © Victor R. P. Bibby 2012 All rights reserved.

No part of this web site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior permission of the copyright owner.